//

18/08/2012

I gave up searching for my British Dad after endless search – Shan George (DETAILS)


The story of Shan George in Nollywood began as early as 1996. She made her acting debut when the late Jenifer Ossai gave her a script that landed her a sub-lead role. Today, Shan George, who has starred in over 100 flicks and still counting, has emerged as one of the most prominent faces that dominated the movie scene for most of the late 1990s and 2000s.

But controversy seems to be her middle name. From allegedly describing actresses as prostitutes to staging an all girl bikini parties, and to serial marriages, the actress it would seem just can’t avoid controversies. Beyond that, light-complexioned Shan is also a hard working mother of two boys, and with over 20 movies to her production credits, Shan has surely come a long way.

In a recent chat, Shan opens up on the scandals that have rocked her career and disclosed that these days, she no longer gives a hoot when negative stories are published about her;

“I concentrate on my passion and don’t bother about what people say. If you are a TV personality and you don’t have people trying to scandalize your name then you haven’t even started. When they come after you, it means you’ve gone far so these days I have stopped worrying, I laugh with them,” 
 she declares.

Childhood Shan’s life’s story began decades ago when she was born at Ediba, Cross River State-Nigeria, to an English father from Manchester, England, and a Nigerian mother from the Niger Delta. Today, she has become a Nollywood icon radiating glitz and glamour with a strong fan base.

Despite losing her dad at age five, she never felt his absence because in the typical African setting where she grew up, she had many uncles and aunties who stood in for her father. What was it like growing up under a protective mum? “My mum thought me humility and never to believe that I am too much and get carried away. She taught me to always be down to earth.

Acting Shan hit Nollywood in 1996 after she got admission to study at University and with 16 years under her belt, Shan has seen and done it all, and remains very passionate about her career. According to the actress, some of the greatest challenges confronting Nollywood are the issues of financing, marketing and distribution.
If there’s one challenge the Shan has learnt to live with, it’s the fact that she might never find her father or his family members. For years she has traveled to the UK and all attempts to trace her dad or family members have failed. Recounting the experience, Shan had this to say;

“I tried looking for my dad to be sincere. I went to the company where he worked. I tried to look for his file but there were no records. The total sum of it is that I searched and searched but couldn’t get enough data to locate his family but I got enough to know that my dad was from Manchester and lived in Nigeria as an expatriate. At a point, I just gave up. But I know who my father was. I remember him with my five year-old eyes and mind. He died, he didn’t abandon my mum and I.” Any regret about acting? “Not at all,” Shan says conclusively.

No comments :

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your view. Hope to see you again soon!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...